Today in LA we debated whether Violence is ever justified. I was on the side that believed violence to be justified depending on the situation, and the only other faction believed it is never justified. On of the key orators for the opposition was Mitch. Mitch is a genius, and my team had a hard time defending against his idealistic position. My main contribution to the debate consisted of a question to the staunchly nonviolent Mitch. The question was this: "If you had the opportunity to kill Hitler before he slaughtered countless Jews, would you or would you not and why?" Time ran out before I could get him to answer the question, but I made a mental note to myself that that was an extremely useful debate tactic. I later conceded to Mitch., out side of class, that he would have won becuase idealism nearly always wins.
Meh.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment